Competition:Closed for the 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom is applicable: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only institutions that are canadian submit applications with respect to candidates. They could elect to set unique internal due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The rising Leaders into the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America while the Caribbean with short-term change possibilities for research or research, in Canada, during the university, undergraduate and levels that are graduate.
- Value and length
- Key dates
The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements between Canadian and Latin American or institutions that are caribbean. These agreements are manufactured between universities , technical or institutions that are vocational universities. Students, hereby known as “candidates”, should be registered as full-time pupils within their home organization at the full time of application and through the whole extent of the research or research stay static in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary organizations
Canadian institutions are:
- accountable for publishing applications on the behalf of qualified prospects from organizations in Latin America plus the Caribbean; and
- Encouraged to promote this scholarship opportunity to staff and faculty people, along with to partner organizations in Latin America and also the Caribbean.
Canadian institutions with effective prospects:
- should recognize a person that is single for the management of this share contract and someone with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share money from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Applicants enthusiastic about this scholarship system should contact their property organization to:
- make their attention understood;
- determine if there clearly was a preexisting institutional collaboration or trade contract by having a Canadian organization; and
- demand details about the program process and selection requirements certain towards the institution that is canadian offer any extra information, such as for instance transcripts, language test outcomes, an investigation task and a enrollment kind for the trade system.
Chosen applicants ought to:
- make sure they match the demands of this institution that is canadian scholastic needs and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and proceed with the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the Canadian organization (generally a research license is needed for course work and a work license is needed for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits for their house organization just because their courses that are canadian been identified; and
- contact alumni for the system through their house organization for advice and a perspective that is local the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are anticipated to come back to complete their studies at their property organizations upon conclusion associated with scholarship duration.
Non-Canadian organizations ought to:
- talk to partner organizations in Canada to verify or explore institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their offices that are international
- recognize strong educational prospects whom meet with the admission needs when it comes to Canadian partner organization;
- provide the prospects’ documents to your Canadian partner organization, which can be accountable for submitting the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to achieve additional linguistic training, scholastic upgrading and social preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship duration and value
Funding for ELAP scholarships is manufactured available by worldwide Affairs Canada through its title that is legal Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The institution that is canadian get capital from DFATD for several effective applicants by means of a share contract and you will be in charge of supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the extent and degree of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for no less than four months or one educational term of research or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to half a year of research or study.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds towards the scholarship receiver to play a role in the after costs:
- visa and/or study/work license costs;
- airfare, when it comes to scholarship receiver just, to Canada by the many direct and affordable path and return airfare upon completion of this scholarship;
- medical health insurance;
- cost of living, such as for instance accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a public transport pass; and
- books and materials necessary for the recipientвЂ™s research or research, excluding computer systems as well as other gear.
re Payment procedure
at the mercy of the stipulations of this Contribution Agreement, financing is going to be disbursed with a cheque given into the institution that is canadian getting listed here papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority in the institution that is canadian the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted by the institution that is canadian coincide because of the arrival regarding the scholarship recipients to Canada.